Knosti Disco-Antistat Record-washing Machine - Generation II PLUSSKU: 10458
The Knosti Disco-Antistat Record-washing machine Generation II PLUS is a further improved version of the (no longer available) Generation II Record Washer. This is a starter pack - 1L Knosti fluid is included.
Compared to the original Disco-Antistat Record-Washer (see SKU 10408) the changes are as follows:
- The cover clamps are fitted with rubber rings.
- Stylish white casing of the record bath.
- With this model, the cover clamps can be locked onto the record bath.
- With this model, turning the gramophone records in the bath can be done with a handy lever.
- Rubber feet making the record bath more stable and avoid shifting.
- Larger cover clamps which fully cover also larger vinyl record labels.
- Indication of the maximum filling height inside the record bath.
The set consists of a record bath with integrated (removable) brushes made of goat hair, a set of record clamps that securely cover the labels of the gramophone record, a drip/drying rack for 8 gramophone records, a bottle of 1 litre Disco Antistat Liquid and a funnel with separate filters which you need to be able to re-use the liquid.
This record washer really cleans well and with the use of the Disco-Antistat liquid there is hardly any static charge noticeable shortly after cleaning. Unfortunately, the duration of this is short, but that is the big problem with virtually all anti-static products. Nevertheless, this machine in combination with both Knosti and other (QS - WalvisWater © - Winyl etc.) liquids is really very effective; your records become spotless again.
We will spare you the lecture on fat, mould and other residue, but before you play records that have just been lying around for years, please always clean them first. When they are clean, at least replace the inner cover and preferably take the trouble to carefully clean the card outer cover, always making sure to remove dust on the inside.
The Knosti Liquid is available separately from us (SKU 10410).
With the 1-litre Knosti Liquid bottle (supplied with this set) follow the following instructions:
- Always keep out of reach of children.
- Never use for cleaning 78 rpm/25 cm records (you know, those pretty old ones); these are made from Bakelite (old-fashioned: "shellac") and Bakelite is non-resistant to alcohol solutions. A good alternative for shellac records is to wash them with Winyl Pro-Clean-6.
On the internet, for example, by searching with the words "disco antitat" you will find a lot of information, positive and less positive comments about the device and the liquids, often handy YouTube user manuals, but unfortunately also many unwise recommendations. If you have any questions, please contact us; unfortunately there has already been far too much unique music on gramophone records lost due to all sorts of ill-considered cleaning actions, and that can seldom be restored.
Packaging: 3 units in shipping box.
Minimum order quantity: N/A (you can order this item individually).